Urgent assistance and support to vulnerable migrants
09 February 2020
- Based on the findings of the Rapid Needs Assessment of COVID19 vulnerabilities among 3rd country migrants in Armenia, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) intends to provide urgent assistance and support vulnerable migrants to address basic food and hygiene, housing/accommodation and/or medical needs.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE SUPPORT:
- Migrants in irregular situations (i.e. those who have overstayed visas, whose personal documents have expired, etc.)
- Low skilled/low income labor migrants without income
- Foreign students
- Rejected asylum seekers
who are in a dire economic situation, in urgent need of food and/or shelter and/or are experiencing urgent medical issues they have no financial means to address.
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE SUPPORT:
- Persons with Armenian citizenship
- Persons with the permanent residence permit in Armenia
To apply for the assistance, applicants falling under any of above-mentioned migrant groups and fulfilling vulnerability criteria should register for in person interview by 30 September 2020 via:
- Phone call at 043 18 00 28
- Online registration form
- Registration form available at the IOM Armenia office at the following address:
IOM, Mission in Armenia
UN House, 14, Petros Adamyan Street, 0010, Yerevan, Armenia
Tel: + 374 043 18 00 28
Final selection of beneficiaries for assistance will be done based on individual face-to-face interviews conducted at IOM Armenia office.