Announcement of the “SUITCASE 2021” annual journalistic contest
04 November 2021
- The UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency) Representation in Armenia, IOM Armenia and the Migration Service of Armenia carry on the decade-long tradition of the “SUITCASE” media contest.
This year, materials published during the period of 15 November 2020 to 30 November 2021 can be submitted to the Jury. The materials can cover one or more of the following topics:
- asylum system, refugees, and international protection in Armenia;
- migration processes and migrants;
- displacement, and issues faced by displaced persons.
The contest is open to journalists and media actors working in television, radio, print media, electronic media, independent bloggers, photographers, and multimedia professionals.
The winners of the 1st , 2nd and 3rd prizes will be announced at the closing ceremony of the contest, along with the winners of the appreciation awards.
The works nominated by the contest participants will be assessed by the Jury and will be presented at an official award ceremony to be held on:
18 December 2021, the International Day of Migrants.
- the author's (authors’) name(s) and surname(s),
- contact information (phone, e-mail address),
- date of publication, link, additional justification of the authorship (if the participant sees such a need);
- name of the media outlet.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 091 416 127 or 091 52 02 54։
The “Suitcase” journalistic contest is aimed at motivating for a high-quality thematic media coverage. By encouraging the production of professional and impressive media content on the processes relating to refugees, displaced and stateless persons, and migrants in Armenia, we aim to inspire journalists for applying more comprehensive, accurate and impartial approaches in media work with displaced persons and migrants.